We have Hispanic food EVERY week. Without fail, we are having tacos, enchiladas, quesadillas or taquitos one day during the week and the kids love them. I’m so grateful for that because I love these recipes too, and they’re usually really easy to make. Today, I wanted to share our favorite taquitos recipe – Cream Cheese and Chicken taquitos.
They are very similar to the chicken tacos we make all the time, but they have cream cheese, salsa, and baby spinach mixed in with it too. Tacos are usually folded, and these taquitos (aka Flautas) are rolled. Since my husband LOVES cream cheese, I knew he’d love this recipe and it’s become a family favorite since!\
We’ve had these a few times this last month. What I love is I make the cream cheese and chicken mix and freeze the leftovers in ziploc bags so I could make them other nights. They day I’m ready to make them, I just pull them from the freezer and let them thaw completely, which is perfect for those crazy busy days.
Another thing I love about this recipe is that they are great to make as the main dish or even an appetizer. Either way, I know you’ll love these Cream Cheese and Chicken Taquitos because they are DELICIOUS!
- 3 cups chicken cooked and shredded
- 6 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 1/2 cups colby jack cheese
- 1 1/2 cups baby spinach chopped and stems removed
- 12 6 inch corn tortillas
- vegetable or canola oil for frying
- Heat ½” oil in a sauce pan on medium heat.
- In a large bowl mix together the chicken, cream cheese, sour cream, salsa, co-jack and spinach. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Once oil is hot enough (place hand over pan, above oil, to feel heat), add a few tablespoons of chicken/cream cheese mixture to the center of a tortilla and spread out. Roll up and set seam side down in oil using tongs. Cook until golden brown on both sides.
- Repeat until all the tortillas are filled, rolled and fried.
- Set on paper towels to drain.
- Serve warm and ENJOY!